Posted by Dan Cromar on 1/6/2016 to Lives Saved By AEDs
AEDs are life-saving instruments that should be everywhere. Here are some of the people whose lives were saved by an AED in December and the early days of January.
Tuscaloosa, AL - Amanda Travathan Cox , 17, collapsed at school. She started feeling light headed and dizzy while seeing sunspots – she knew she was fainting. She had a congenital heart problem, a slight arrhythmia that caused her to go into ventricular fibrillation, which was an electrical malfunction of the heart that made her go into sudden cardiac arrest. Principal Bob Lavett came running with the AED in hand and applied electrical shocks to get her heart beat going again. (Dec 17)